Wives, let’s just say that your task is not easy. In most cases, the man that you may have married may not have the spiritual desire that you have. Or, you may have desires that you have received through your experience at home, at school, or at church that tell you to seek to be something that may go against the Word of God.
The question for you, wives, is what matters most to you as a wife? Is it pleasing God, or pleasing yourself and hoping that God concurs?
The last time we looked at is your husband your master, and we’re asking the men to make sure they take their placement in the homes as the leaders of the home seriously. They will be accountable to how they lead.
It is important that you and your husband are saved. If either of you are not, then you have a more difficult journey ahead, but that doesn’t change God’s commands. He gave wives a mission of self sacrifice and submission that is a sparkling jewel to her– a thing of beauty. The question is, will you take to heart what He commands and endeavor to follow them for His glory, or will you be deceived by the attractions of this world and seek out what you believe is best for yourself.
So, at this point, I believe you need to truly ask yourself some questions about just how far you are to take Biblical commands and seek to please God– and He will bless those who follow His Word.
Question Idea taken from Questions for a Godly Wife
- Godly Wife: Is He Your Master?
- Godly Wife: Who Are You Seeking to Please?
- Godly Wife: Are You His Helper or His Obstacle?
- Godly Wife: Does Your Husband’s Heart Trust in You?
- Godly Wife: How Do You Handle When He is Wrong?
- Godly Wife: How do you Handle Disagreements?
- Godly Wife: How Do You Receive Correction?
- Godly Wife: Are You Drawing Him to You with Your Speech?
- Godly Wife: How Does Your Husband Grow?
- Godly Wife: Who Trains the Children?
- Godly Wife: How Do You Make Your Husband Feel?
- Godly Wife: Are You Intimately Available?
- Godly Wife: Do You Speak To Your Husband with Flattering Words?
- Godly Wife: Are You Helping Your Husband to Greater Heights?
- Godly Wife: Are You Keeping Your Wedding Vows?
- Godly Wife: Do You Dominate Your Husband?
- Godly Wife: Have You Cut the Cord?