It’s amazing how far love has come over time. Eve was created as a help meet for Adam (making Adam the only man that never had to wonder if this was the woman for him!). Then we have a time where women were betrothed to a man, dowries, camels, and the like. We proceeded to courtship, dating, and now we have articles written about top ten pick-up lines.
It’s amazing, isn’t it? How far we have come in terms of love and relationships. Relationships are now based on feelings and convenience, where at one point it time they were based on need and committment. Families relied on each other because they have to, now they try to spend as much time apart as they can.
As the family disintigrates, other relationships try to come in to fill the gap:
- Almost Marriage – “We’ll live in the same house, split the bills, and hope there aren’t any kids.”
- Same Sex Marriage – “What do you mean by marriage being limited to a man and a woman?”
- Many Marriages – “The more wives the merrier! Want to take a look at my seventy-five children!”
- Animal Marriages – “Bessy sure looks fine, and I can get milk from her too…”
- Swinging Marriages – “What do you mean forsake all others, others make it more fun!”
As our families get invaded by these perversions of God’s original intent, watch our children be more and more permissive and more and more perverse in what they think is right. As I’ve said before, it is pretty interesting that as things go more and more toward disorder, we are moving closer and closer to a society not unlike Sodom and Gomorrah.