These are my links for September 15th from 07:30 to 09:56:
- My Daily Trek: Muslim students prove this is a Christian nation – “I’ve had some secular fundamentalists tell me that this doesn’t make the document or the nation Christian in any sense since the dating formula was simply customary. I respond by saying this makes the case worse for them, since my friends are admitting that it was so common for the Founders to think of Jesus as Lord that they had not a moment’s hesitation in putting his name in our foundational document and expressing their personal allegiance to him.” – Do the dating phrases mean we’re a Christian nation?
- Constitutionality of the Health Care Bill – “However, as scary as all of that is, it just scratches the surface. In fact, I have concluded that this legislation really has no intention of providing affordable health care choices. Instead it is a convenient cover for the most massive transfer of power to the Executive Branch of government that has ever occurred, or even been contemplated. If this law or a similar one is adopted, major portions of the Constitution of the United States will effectively have been destroyed.”
- Because an ultrasound (not an abortion) is “cruel and unusual punishment” – ElizabethEsther.com – “Pro-choice advocates are relieved because ‘forcing’ a woman to see her ‘fetus’ before she kills it ‘can only be viewed as unconstitutional in that it violates the Eighth Amendment’s prohibition against ‘cruel and unusual punishment.'” — Exactly. Why is it a problem to kill the baby, but to see the baby is wrong?
- Abstinence Just Makes Sense – “What if I told you I know how to prevent cervical cancer? What about Sexually Transmitted Disease? I might even tell you that I know how to prevent, unwanted children, divorce and even heartbreak. Of course, you would want to know the secret; who wouldn’t? What if I told you that nearly everyone knows how to prevent many of societies biggest problems, but they simply don’t want to sacrifice their desire of immediate gratification to do so? This is exactly what is happening.”
- Vox Popoli: 2010 is gone – “I chortled a bit. You may recall that I have predicted three things here a while back. House lost. Senate lost. Obama doesn’t even make it to the general election in 2012. Suddenly, all three are looking a little less crazy then they were back then.” — What do you think of this prediction?
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)