These are my links for August 30th through September 8th:
- Atheists Outline Their Global Religious Agenda | Around the World with Ken Ham – “We recognize the unlimited right to freedom of conscience, religion and belief, and that freedom to practice one’s religion should be limited only by the need to respect the rights of others.” – This part is interesting. Basically, this is the big comment against spreading the Gospel. “It’s ok if you have your religion, just don’t go spreading it.” Wish this principle held true for the Atheists as well.
- Putting Down a Book | Around the World with Ken Ham – Ken Ham recommends a fiction book– doesn’t happen very often!
- Althouse: The DNC uses George “can’t get fooled again” Bush in its first 2010 TV ad. – President Bush makes an appearance in DNC ads– a good choice, or destined to backfire?
- Althouse: “The exclusion of same-sex couples from marriage ‘exists as an artifact of a time when the genders were seen as having distinct roles in society and in marriage… That time has passed.'” – “The Court embraces … Justice Stevens’ declaration in his Bowers dissent, that “the fact that the governing majority in a State has traditionally viewed a particular practice as immoral is not a sufficient reason for upholding a law prohibiting the practice”…. This effectively decrees the end of all morals legislation. If, as the Court asserts, the promotion of majoritarian sexual morality is not even a legitimate state interest, none of the above-mentioned laws can survive rational-basis review….” This is the part that concerns me. Why is it that a state or group of people cannot decide what is moral or right or wrong? Because our view of government has gotten so distorted as to believe that all of America must be governed the same way– this is wrong.
- Say Anything » Former Car Czar Dishing Dirt On The Obama Regime – Disgruntled former employee or truth teller? It’s hard to say, but interesting nonetheless.
- Moore to the Point by Russell D. Moore – This part is powerful: “This is, of course, not new. Our Lord Jesus faced this test when Satan took him to a high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the earth, and their glory. Satan did not mind surrendering his authority to Jesus. He didn’t mind a universe without pornography or Islam or abortion or nuclear weaponry. Satan did not mind Judeo-Christian values. He wasn’t worried about “revival” or “getting back to God.” What he opposes was the gospel of Christ crucified and resurrected for the sins of the world.”
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)