These are my links for August 5th through August 6th:
- Why Working Mothers Fall Behind – Business – The Atlantic – “For example, let’s redefine the disparity that the studies point out. Imagine there was no classification of men or women, just primary caregivers and primary professionals. Each family with children has one of each. Would anyone really care if primary caregivers didn’t climb the corporate ladder as quickly as primary professionals if gender weren’t involved? Wouldn’t that just make logical sense? If men more often take on the primary professional role, consequently working more intensely and taking fewer vacations than women, then they should be promoted more aggressively.” I never got why people complain about women being paid less than men. I believe that if a lot more women would be concerned with where their biggest impact will be felt (through their children) we could eliminate unemployment entirely…
- CNSNews.com – Sen. DeMint: Ratifying U.N. Children’s Rights Treaty Would Turn Parental Rights ‘Over to International Community’ – “Sen. Jim DeMint (R- S.C.) said that if President Barack Obama gets his way and the Senate ratifies the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, the precedent would be set to place parental rights under the jurisdiction of the international community.” I’ve written about this before– this would give rights to kids not to attend the school that the parent chooses, to disregard parental law, outlaw spanking, and generally cause lots of havoc. It’s the exact opposite of the child belonging or being a blessing given to parents and confuses “small people” with being “small adults”. It’s wrong.
- Peggy Noonan: America Is at Risk of Boiling Over – WSJ.com – More people are saying we’re headed to Civil War II– that’s scary to think about.
- Show Me ObamaCare – WSJ.com – “The political revolt against ObamaCare came to Missouri Tuesday, with voters casting ballots three to one against the plan in its first direct referendum. This is another resounding health-care rebuke to the White House and Democrats, not that overwhelming public opposition to this expansion of government power ever deterred them before.” – The funny thing is, our President doesn’t care.
- People Who Work From Home Are Targets for Favors – WSJ.com – Do you work from home? Do you find that people are expecting more of you because you “aren’t working”?
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)