Many places have taken to playing pitches to dissipate crowds of teens. This works because our ears get worse as we age, and cannot hear the high pitches as well as when we were young.
So, what I want you to do is to test out your hearing!
- Make sure that you have a good set of speakers (my laptop speakers didn’t cut it, but a good pair of audio speakers on a pc should do the trick).
- Go to the Mosquito Ringtones Page.
- There is a table that shows the frequency and who should be able to hear it.
- Keep playing the sounds (using the play button) down until you cannot hear it any more.
- Come back and let me know if it was accurate for your age—or brag that you can hear better than your age!
Try it—I think you’ll be amazed.
Me? I can hear all the way down to 21 khz—18 and younger.