I think that one of the most demeaning question we can ask our wives upon completing a day of work is “What did you to today?” Why? Because if they are a stay at home wife/mom they probably did much more in a day than you’ll ever do!
I was reminded of this again by Mrs. Brigham in her post about what it means, to her, to be a mom at home. She lists 9 different ways she can guard her house:
- Rightly dividing the Word of God
- Keeping priorities fixed on God
- Educating her child in the Ways of God
- Taking care of her family’s health
- Being sure that her family uses money wisely
- Watching what goes on in her mind
- Being sure to encourage her husband
- Keeping outside influences in check
- Knowing first aid
It’s just amazing the preparation and care that goes into being a mom. Are we husbands appreciative enough of our wives and what they do? Are we thankful to them, or do we just expect it out of them?