Men, are you the spiritual leader in your home? I can hear the excuses now:
- But she knows more scripture than I do!
- Women are better at praying than men are.
- I take the family to church, don’t I?
- Did you say supper was on the table?
I’m sure that I had a lot of you rubbing your hands together with glee when I addressed the ladies last week asking them if their husband was their master. The sobering thought is that with that trust that she should place in you coupled with God’s statement that you will be accountable for how you lead, there is a lot at stake in the way you lead her and your family.
Don’t think that her submission is easy and don’t think that it is just to serve you. She’s doing it to serve the Lord, to glorify him, and to show her love to you. You, in turn, are entrusted with her being, and you need to take that trust seriously.
If you’re not leading in your home, you need to step up to the plate and begin to lead. So what if she knows more scripture– the Holy Spirit can work in you if you’ll let Him. Stand up, be a man, and take the time to make wise and godly decisions.
Also, keep in mind that Christ’s ideas of leadership and the worlds are very different. The world sees the leader as the one with all the perks– all the underlings and all the privileges. Christ sees leaders as servants– seeking the best of those that follow at the leader’s own personal cost. Remember that Christ’s leadership had him washing the disciple’s feet as an example.
Men, we’re responsible to lead our home in love. We’re commanded to cherish our wife and to meet her needs. We owe her a lot for her submission so we must be on the look out for how we can demonstrate our love and direction in ways that would be pleasing to God.
- Godly Husband: You Must Be Born Again
- Godly Husband: Are You a Leader?
- Godly Husband: Is She Your Helper or Your Slave?
- Godly Husband: You Must be a Lover
- Godly Husband: You Must Be a Protector
- Godly Husband: Do You Do Too Much?
- Godly Husband: Using Your Perspective
- Godly Husband: What Do You Care Most About?
- Godly Husband: How Well Do You Know Your Wife?
- Godly Husband: Are You There?
- Godly Husband: How is Your Thought Life?
- Godly Husband: How Are You Treating “Your” Body
- Godly Husband: Are You Pro-Active?
- Godly Husband: Are You Precise?
- Godly Husband: Are You Keeping Your Wedding Vows?
- Godly Husband: Are You a Provider?
- Godly Husband: Do You Nourish and Cherish Your Wife?