The current voting system is broken. No longer do we have responsible people voting, but we grab each person, use peer pressure and bandwagons, and pressure them into a given place to check a box for a given man. This dilutes responsible votes and makes the election into a popularity contest more than a vote on issues. How can we solve it? Here are some possible solutions:
- Get rid of the two party system– or the political parties at all.
- Make the House/Senate decide the election.
- Change the electoral vote system so that the popular vote dictates the 2 “senate” votes, and then whoever wins each district gets the vote of that district.
- Have a test when entering a polling facility that required you to match a candidate’s position to the candidate’s person. Anyone not scoring over half would be given a class or something before voting– or not allowed to vote.
- Compile some kind of list of votes from tax returns so that fraud could be minimized.
Anyone else got a suggestion?