Did you know, that in England and Wales, nearly 25% of all pregnancies are terminated by means of abortion? Six million, in fact, since 1967. For more, check out Alive and Kicking, the campaign to make abortions rare in the UK.
Sweden stats: 35,000 abortions per year. (check on that it said 35.000)
As for the United States, an article on the Supreme Court’s recent upholding of the partial birth abortion ban stated the following:
More than 1 million abortions are performed in the United States each year, according to recent statistics. Nearly 90 percent of those occur in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, and are not affected by Tuesday’s ruling.
- 46 million per year
- 126,000 per day
- 64.4% of all abortions are performed on never-married women
- 18.4% of all abortions are performed on married women
- 9.4% of all abortions are performed on divorced women
- 93% of all women say their decision to have an abortion was a social decision (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient)
- 47% of all abortions are performed on women who have already had one or more abortions