The Complete Husband
By Lou Priolo
The best way to get to know your wife is to talk to her. But instead of asking her about the weather, try instead to ask her things that build your relationship– intimate questions.
In the second chapter (entitled Back to School for the Rest of My Life!) of our book, the author suggests 11 questions that we can ask our wives to get to know them better. Warning, these are not for the faint of heart:
- If you could change three things about me that would make me more Christ-like, what would you change?
- Do I have any other annoying mannerisms or irritating idiosyncrasies that you would like to see me change?
- How does it make you feel when I… (name something that you know displeases her)?
- What goes through your mind when I… (name something that you know displeases her)?
- What do you want from me that I’m not giving you at the moment I… (name something that you know displeases her)?
- What specifically would you like to see me do to change in this area (name something that you know displeases her)?
- On a scale from one to ten, how would you rate our marriage?
- What would it take to make our marriage a ten?
- What is your opinion about?
- What personal goals do you have for your life? How may I help you achieve them?
- Do you have any needs or desires that you believe I ought to be meeting or fulfilling better than I do? What are they?
He then goes on to tell us to add further questions of our own.
One thing’s for sure, if you start with these questions I’m sure your wife will say some interesting things!
The link above is an affiliate link. I get a portion of the proceeds if you choose to purchase it (though the price does not change). I was not paid to write this post.