These are my links for October 15th through October 24th:
- How can New Jersey imprison a gun owner who broke no laws? – National gun rights | Examiner.com – They guy has a gun legally in NJ, and he is in jail for 7 years?!
- Church, State and the First Amendment: What O’Donnell needs to know – Yahoo! News – “Keeping government out of religion and religion out of government is a core principle of the First Amendment. The first 16 words say, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.” That means government can’t limit our personal faith or favor one religion over others. It also means that creationism cannot be taught in America’s public schools.” — I would agree with all but the last. I have yet to see where someone has effectively brought a 1st amendment argument that Creationism could not be taught in public schools. In fact, for many years it was the only theory taught– up to and past the famous Scopes Trial. So this article would have you believe that up until the early to mid 1900s (almost 150 years of the country) they didn’t understand the 1st amendment.
- Vox Popoli: In which we are called out – What do you think of women having the right do vote– do people like this have a point?
- Why The GOP Will Never Cut The Size Of Government – Rick Ungar – The Policy Page – Forbes – Compelling… How do you shrink a government when 65% of the spending is Social Security and Medicare? And if you could, what about your political future? It’s a tough sell.
- TheDC OP-ED: One nation, under fraud | The Daily Caller – Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment – Wow. If you think that the mortgage bubble was bad before, you need to read this all the way to the end. It’s a tale of fraudulent foreclosures, banks that don’t actually have mortgage documents, and political corruption that one could hope was fiction, but is only too true.
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)