These are my links for September 18th through September 22nd:
- Maddow laments that five GOP US Senate candidates are pro-life without exceptions – Jill Stanek – 5 Pro-Life Senate Candidates!
- Say Anything » Great Britain Wants Citizens’ Pay Checks Sent Directly To The Government – "The UK’s tax collection agency is putting forth a proposal that all employers send employee paychecks to the government, after which the government would deduct what it deems as the appropriate tax and pay the employees by bank transfer." — The scary thing is that I can totally see this happening here.
- Say Anything » Obama: America Can “Absorb” Another 9/11 – During an interview with Woodward in July, the president said, “We can absorb a terrorist attack. We’ll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever . . . we absorbed it and we are stronger.”
- Say Anything » Chris Matthews To Obama: Stop Saying That Tax Cuts Represent Giving People Money – How is it that MSNBC's Chris Matthews gets this, but the government does not: "CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: I have one small tweak to make to what the president said today — he should stop saying that giving people tax cuts is giving people money. It`s their money! A tax cut is when the government doesn`t take our money. It`s an important distinction."
- Senate Republicans block defense bill authorizing military abortions – Jill Stanek – Looks like there was more in the defense appropriations bill than just the removal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." There was also a pro-abortion amendment as well. I always find it interesting when the majority leader votes with the minority so he can bring it back up again.
- Wind Possibly Parted Red Sea | Weather, Moses & Bible Stories | Our Amazing Planet – "A strong east wind, blowing overnight, could have swept water off a bend where an ancient river is believed to have merged with a coastal lagoon along the Mediterranean Sea, said study team member Carl Drews of the National Center for Atmospheric Research. While archaeologists and Egyptologists have found little evidence that any events described in Exodus actually happened, the study outlines a perfect storm that could have led to the 3,000-year-old escape." — Interesting!
- Althouse: Christine O’Donnell: " I dabbled into witchcraft — I never joined a coven. But I did, I did. … I dabbled into witchcraft." – "Even if she had participated in some witchcraft, she'd only be like thousands of other young people who dabble in such nonsense. Do you want to string them all up? It's typical pop culture junk these days." — Would finding out that your GOP Senate candidate once "dabbled in witchcraft" make you want to consider not voting for her? For me, I wonder what her current status is– people do change.
(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)