These are my links for September 14th from 10:10 to 13:53:
- I’m Sorry, Glenn….It’s Over. at Christian Research Net – “And okay, sure, I knew you were a Mormon. But maybe, I said to myself, he’s really a Christian. Maybe he’s one of those ‘cultural Mormons,’ a Mormon in name only, who doesn’t even know about all that kooky Mormon theology. After all, he talks about God and Jesus and salvation and atonement…. Looking back, I’m so ashamed of myself: I should have known better! After all, a large part of what I do is write about cults, and how they use the same terminology that Christians do, only with redefined meanings. Oh, how I wanted to believe.” — Should Christians be getting behind Beck? I don’t think so.
- A homosexual newspaper says conservatives have taken the leadership role in achieving marriage equality at Christian Research Net – “The revolution consisted of forcing the sexual genie into the marital bottle. It ensured that sex no longer dominated society, heightened male-female love and sexuality (and thereby almost alone created the possibility of love and eroticism within marriage), and began the arduous task of elevating the status of women.” – A great historical look at what Marriage has done in the west, why homosexual marriage is going to destroy marriage, and what to think of the deviancy we see today.
- Obama’s Insults Mask Fear of Boehner: Kevin Hassett – Bloomberg – “Democrats unleashed a barrage against House Minority Leader John Boehner in recent weeks, which raises the question — what are they afraid of?”
- Joni Eareckson Tada Not Shaken by Breast Cancer at Christian Research Net – “After 43 years of living paralyzed from the neck down and recently learning that she now has breast cancer, Joni Eareckson Tada remains all smiles. ‘I want to assure you that I am genuinely content to receive from God whatever He deems fit for me even if it is from His left hand because better something from His left hand than no hand at all, right?’ the beloved disability advocate and quadriplegic said in a video message to supporters.” — This is absolutely amazing. I don’t know that I’d have her strength.
- The Museum of Idolatry: Supermodel Sermon Series? – Some churches stay on topic for holidays– which seems weird. Some make every holiday a special day. This is going too far: “This is what Aviator Church will be preaching about on Mother’s day?!?! We wonder if they will also be starting the Hooters Bible Study in their small groups during the month of May?”
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)