That’s why He sent His Son to die for you and me—so that we could have a love relationship with Him.
You see, to God, that’s the most important thing—more important than what you do for Him is who you are to Him. It’s all throughout the Scripture:
- Deut 30:19-20 – … Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him. For the Lord is your life.
- John 3:16 – God so loved the world that He gave…
- John 14:21- Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to Him.
- Romans 8:35, 37, 39 – Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
- 1 John 3:16 – This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.
- I John 4:9-10, 19 – We love because He first loved us.
God loved us so much—while we were enemies of Him!—that He sent His Son to die for us. Let that sink in a little while.
God initiated a love relationship. He sought us out. He worked in our hearts. He creates a desire to serve and love Him. These are amazing and powerful truths that should send us to our knees in love of Him.
Spend some time today thinking about how great a love that God has bestowed upon you, and if you need to enter into a love relationship—if you’ve never done it—contact me through the contact tab on this blog, or find a friend that knows Christ, so that we can share this great love God has for you with you.