|Thirteen Things MInTheGap learned at VBS1. Boys are more scared of being kissed than girls.
2. It’s hard to get children to remember to bring their Bibles.
3. When mixing concrete, it’s hard to figure out just how much dry mix you need.
4. It’s hard to have two points to a single lesson.
5. Rack, Shack and Benny may be more popular than Shadrach, Meshack and Abendego
6. Children don’t remember Hannaiah, Misheal and Azariah quite like the other names.
7. One cookie is not enough of a snack– even if there is juice.
8. The playground may say that it’s rated for 5 years old and up, but that doesn’t stop the two year old from climbing the ladders.
9. Dads make for great lifts up to higher playground platforms.
10. Puppets are nice and all, but it’s better if they have a voice instead of just opening their mouths.
11. Don’t let the computer geek run the projector — either he forgets to change the slide or, in the process of trying to make the display work better, shuts off the screen when you’re trying to teach a new song.
12. Children like it when you put things up on the screen behind the presenter that make them laugh.
13. It’s a lot of work, but it is worth it.Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!